"...The Belvedere, The Golden Lane and The
Weeping Fountain - I liked them and they touched me deeply. I think they speak
true music. Will you give me permission to use them for my composition?..." - Janáček asked Procházka for the
permission just two days after he completed the collection called Kašpar Rucký.
He actually received the permission on February 8, 1916: "...Dear Sir.
Please take The Belvedere, The Golden Lane, and The Weeping Fountain and make
the music - I am very much looking forward to it. I have only one request, when
you publish the compositions, I would like these songs to represent a separate
work and not to be mixed with other texts..."
- with lyrics also in German and English translation
- accompanying text in four language versions
- publishers' notes and annotations in Czech and German
- editors: Jiří Zahrádka and Miloš Štědroň Jr.
- revision and new German and English translation of the lyrics: Karel Trinkewitz, Soňa Červená, Robert Russell
- size: 310 × 245 mm
- spiral binding
- number of pages: 144 + 4 + 2
- editorial reference number: H0002
- ISMN M-66051-177-0
- issued in September 2002
score and instrumental parts
Condition: New product