The central motif - knights/army sleeping under the mountain bring salvation in the darkest hour - is found in many forms in various cultures and periods of history. One of the most well-known and evidently the oldest versions is the legend of King Arthur. In Czech cultural history, the story associated with Blaník Mountain (638m), which stands between Benešov and Vlašim, has been modelled by various political and social factors, often contradictory ones.
On Good Friday when the Passion is said
- accompanying text in four language versions
- publishers' notes and annotations in Czech and German
- editors: Karel Steinmetz, Miloš Štdroň Sr.
- introduction: Jarmila Procházková
- size: 340 × 270 mm, spiral binding
- number of pages: 80
- editorial reference number: H0007
- ISMN M-66051-231-9
- issued in October 2003
symphonic poem by Jaroslav Vrchlický
series D / svazek 8
Condition: New product